On Wednesday, 6 November 2013 at 14:06:19 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
On Wed, 2013-11-06 at 10:53 +0100, Paulo Pinto wrote:
[…]
I do know Scala, but my co-workers do not.

When you work in large organizations, you are constrained to what everyone knows.

Or are willing to be trained in. The problem is not the status quo in the organization, the problem is the intransigent inability to learn that far too many programmers seem to display. People should be wanting to use new technologies if available and appropriate. Of course the current language is a candidate and may be the right choice, it just
shouldn't be assumed it is the only choice.

It does not work on my field, because my employer does consulting for Fortune 500 companies usually multi-site with off-shoring component, where the technology stack is given by the customers themselves.

So unless Scala,D, Go, ... are requested, they won't be used.

--
Paulo