On Sunday, 10 November 2013 at 06:46:47 UTC, Kenji Hara wrote:
http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP49

Experimental compiler/druntime patches (WIP, 80% completed):
https://github.com/9rnsr/dmd/tree/qual_pblit
https://github.com/9rnsr/druntime/tree/qual_pblit

Kenji Hara

I like it up to the unique part. For mutable/const/immutable postblit, I do think this is it, you nailed it perfectly.

For the unique part, this become tricky, as we do not specify what is a unique expression. For this, I do not think that overloading inout make too much sense. inout already mean something else, and uniqueness is generally a useful concept that is not reserved to postblit. In fact, to make the unique posblit work, it is required that we define unique expression, and that is way beyond the scope of this DIP.

Additionally, inout posblit make sense without changing the meaning of posblit, which make the proposal confusing.

Let's make the posblit inout be what inout always has been : a wildcard for a qualifier in the callee that is known from the caller.