On 11/13/2013 11:53 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2013-11-13 20:19, Walter Bright wrote:

The reflection ability is not something specific to an AST, it could be
added so that any expression node can be reflected. We already do much
of that with __traits.

Yes, I been thinking of ways to expand __traits. When there's enough of __traits
it's not much left during it into real AST macros. Just the part that passes the
AST instead of the evaluated result of the arguments to a function.

BTW, is it complicated to return a more structured values, like a struct or a
class, than just plain values like strings?

No, but then you're face with the issue of where those structs are defined.