On Thursday, 14 November 2013 at 09:12:38 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
I do understand this. I've not only extensively used macro systems, I've designed two successful ones and implemented other peoples' designs.

I've also seen the sheer awfulness of what happens with these systems over the long term. The fascinating thing about this awfulness is people are well aware of it in everyone's macro libraries but their own.

What kind of macro systems are you talking about? C-like macros? Assembly macros? Lisp-like macros? It seems that Jacob's proposed system is similar to none of these.