Brad Roberts wrote:
For grins (and to see how well this process might work), I lifted a bugzilla
issue (177) into a DIP:

   http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?LanguageDevel/DIPs/DIP3

It's a suggestion to remove a feature that several consider to be of little if
any value.  Obviously it's something that can fall into the category of "Doctor,
it hurts when I do this.  Well, don't do it."  But a feature you shouldn't use
is a feature that shouldn't exist, no?

Also, in some ways it's similar to the suggestion to remove .5 as a valid float.
 I really don't want the excuse 'it exists already' to be considered a valid
reason to keep a feature.

Please feel free to update the DIP based on discussion in the NG.  I do NOT
consider myself the owner of the DIP.

Later,
Brad

The rationale section simply states (in a single sentence) that "[...] leads to strange behaviour", but it doesn't say what kind of strange behaviour. This section needs to be clarified and made more detailed. It is, after all, the most important part of such a proposal.

-Lars