On Tuesday, 26 November 2013 at 21:23:05 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Tuesday, 26 November 2013 at 16:39:50 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
The problem is that "long ago" adding libcurl seemed like a perfectly reasonable option, particularly considering that we didn't (and we don't) have anything to replace it.

Meh, doing the http and smtp stuff isn't rocket science. I did a little http library in ~300 lines on my github that some D programmers who don't want curl use.

Yes - basic http, smtp is easy. But have a look at the libcurl API docs and think about how many lines it would take to implement that in D.