On Friday, 29 November 2013 at 01:37:15 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Friday, 29 November 2013 at 01:35:31 UTC, bearophile wrote:
A statically typed language should give a compile-time error for such mistake.

It is perfectly valid to pass a string to the write function. He simply called the wrong function.

Yeah it's ok for the function but it will print %d: %d, and then the values of the following variables. without a new line.

And actually I was intending to translate that line to write function but I forgot. I prefer the write function I simply write : write(var, var, "\n"); or writeln(var, var); much better than formatting everything. :)