This reply is not intended as a specific reply to Brad, so no pun inside, really, but...

I always wonder for how much attention there's out there regarding the setting up of the development environment: from my experience, I very very like the D simplicity, just grab a zip, and inside you have all the basic for every supported os. The _only_ missing thing in the zip is dub (guys, that MUST be in the official distribution).

It's so easy that when I hear about installer, packager, etc, etc I scratch my head... O_o

/Paolo