On Friday, 29 November 2013 at 12:06:17 UTC, Chris wrote:
[1] Raises the question whether we've been conditioned by C or whether C was intuitive.

I'll answer for you: C was very counter intuitive which is why no one has done exactly what it did since. Look up the spiral rule for reading types in C. Most often it can be thought of being read from right to left, but that's not the actual reading.

http://c-faq.com/decl/spiral.anderson.html

D fixes this massive issue to a certain degree, but it still feels backwards to me, despite me having been raised with "types on the left of the name". After using a language doing it "the right way" for awhile, you quickly adapt and realize it makes the most sense.

At least, that's the way that I feel.