On 05/12/13 04:08, Daniel Murphy wrote:
As Walter said, there is no chance of that happening.  However, we are
slowly working to integrate or refactor away all gdc/ldc patches against the
frontend.  This should greatly reduce the effort to merge patches, hopefully
resulting in all three compilers permanently being in sync.

.... just as I brought the topic up in another branch of this thread [*] ... :-)

How are things going with that, what's the current status in terms of GDC/LDC patches being eliminated? Do you have any idea of the timeframe within which it'll be complete, and does it rely at all on the C++ --> D transition?

[* I'm not sure this mix of metaphors really works.]