On 12/9/2013 12:11 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2013-12-08 19:44, Walter Bright wrote:

To be fairer (!), all of these (except restrict) are non-Standard
extensions for C. "restrict" is an extension for C++.

It doesn't matter they're not standard, as long as people are using them.

If a language needs extensions in order to be performant, then the language has problems claiming the crown of best performer.

Furthermore, you cannot argue that C is more performant when you really mean "Brand X C".

That's why I based my remarks on Standard C, not some vendor's extensions.