On Monday, 9 December 2013 at 00:49:00 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
On 12/06/2013 09:21 AM, Raphaël Jakse wrote:

> I published the current state of my translation on Gitorious:

Thank you and the future reviewers for their work. What an honor to see it in another language! I especially liked it that you carried some of my rare silly jokes to French e.g. "Ce livre a été relu par Ergin Güney pour être élevé de mon englais à l'anglais" after "This book has been proofread by Ergin Güney to be elevated to English from my Inglish." ;)

Your joke made me smile. I'm lucky it translated well into French :-) Feel free to point me things you would appreciate to see carefully translated which I might have not seen.

> There are about 42 chapters still to translate, with three of
them still to
> translate from Turkish to English.

We should also figure out how to move the updates to the French version. Perhaps I should be the one posting pull requests to your project in English? :) For example, the Acknowledgments chapter has already many more names than in the French translation. :)

As your book is versioned, I managed to find a convenient way to keep track of changes. I got a diff between revision 501 (Sept 2012) (to be sure) and today (rev 654), I'm going to update the translation.

To keep track of changes, I just need to do this:
$ svn up
$ svn diff -r 501 > changes
$ kompare changes

And create a file in my repository which stores the revision to which the translation correspond.

To keep track of changes passively, I just subscribed to https://code.google.com/feeds/p/ddili/svnchanges/basic

With this, keeping the French translation up-to-date should cost nothing more than translating the modifications.

Note for later: use a versioning system for all new consequent document.

Ali