On Monday, 16 December 2013 at 17:32:11 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
On Monday, 16 December 2013 at 00:53:21 UTC, Walter Bright
Good idea. I suggest writing a pull request against the documentation for this.

That is a bad idea as it preclude any GC optimization based on immutability.

What do you mean by this? How can a change in the documentation preclude GC optimization? Does our GC read docs to understand what can be collected? Now I get it: it's a stop the world, then RTFM, then collect GC implementation :)