On Thursday, 19 December 2013 at 00:23:47 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
On Wednesday, 18 December 2013 at 23:51:06 UTC, Meta wrote:
Of course, another large boon would be to correct the implementation of:

import std.algorithm: sort, find, splitter, swap;

So that it actually works in a sane way as opposed to pulling in everything.

I don't see how it is even theoretically possible. You still need to lex/parse whole file to locate needed symbols (and semantic phases are already lazy in most cases afaik)

Maybe it's not possible, I'm not well versed on how the compiler works. But I think that one module per algorithm may be too granular. Hasn't someone suggested splitting it up by category, e.g., sorting, mutation, searching, etc.?