On Sunday, 5 January 2014 at 16:21:31 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2014-01-05 13:58, Paulo Pinto wrote:

Well it depends. On my case, the technology stack is always choosen from
the customers.

Our freedom to choose is quite limited.

One could think that the technology stack is chosen based on the task it should solve.

I oversimplified our use case.

Usually on my line of work, the company gets a request for proposal given a certain problem and corresponding technology being used.

We then look for developers with the skill sets being asked for.

The teams are usually a mix of people with the requested skill sets and a new ones that will learn on the job as a means to acquire those skills, in case similar projects appear.

So the direction of what technologies the company masters is driven by customer requests, not by what we might suggest.

--
Paulo