On 2014-01-07 17:10, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
A while ago, someone contributed D code to my simpledisplay.d that make
an obj-c window. Sadly though, I haven't maintained it at all* and I'm
sure it no longer compiles. But, it might be fixable, at least to get
the basics up again.

It looks like it will setup the basics, but no more than that. There are some things it doesn't handle and some things it's not handling correctly.

It uses the ugly, verbose and cumbersome Objective-C runtime functions, which are C functions. Which I really like to _not_ have to write. The whole reason for my answer.

It also uses some CoreFoundation functions, which also are C functions, to avoid using some of Objective-C API's.

--
/Jacob Carlborg