On Thursday, 9 January 2014 at 14:25:20 UTC, Benjamin Thaut wrote:
The best example in D is the deprection of indexOf. Now you have to call countUntil. But if I have to choose between the two names, indexOf actually tells me what it does, while countUntil does not. count until what?

std.algorithm.indexOf was deprecated, not std.string.indexOf, so you can still use it of course and it still gives you the byte (array-access) index of the supplied parameter. And countUntil counts elements until it finds the supplied parameter. I think this is logical and useful and easy to understand.