On Thursday, 9 January 2014 at 07:45:09 UTC, Kira Backes wrote:
So, what I actually wanted to ask, which part/project do you think mostly needs contribution?

Hello,

Given the low frequency of issue reports on some projects, I've definitely noticed a new face in the D ecosystem. I've thought about this problem a little bit as well.

The D documentation on this page?

For the most part, I've been satisfied with D documentation on the official website. My only general gripe is that there are many outdated pages – sometimes to the point of irrelevance. This can confuse people, given it is on the official website and not marked as outdated. For example: http://dlang.org/safed.html confused me the other day. I did not know it had evolved into @safe.

Mono-D (I’ll be using that, already contributed to an issue)?

Mono-D is by far my favorite IDE for D. It is cross-platform, free as in speech/beer, and supports DUB package files. Unfortunately, there are a lot of unreported issues or non-reproducable issues which tends to happen when a development team is small. I believe Mono-D and D_Parser are written in C# and not D though. One thing that may be possible and worth doing in the future is using DCD (mentioned later) with Mono-D and combining efforts. Though that is more of a major undertaking.

DUB?

Sönke is moving along pretty quickly with DUB. I would say having a well fleshed out tutorial or more examples could do it well though.

More tutorials on a seperate blog?

A lot of D language tutorials and informational resources pander to C++ programmers. I think that we should be more focused on attracting new users or perhaps people who tend to use interpreted languages. See: http://www.rustforrubyists.com/. A lot of people would like a more performant, statically checked, compiled language. D is expressive enough to intersect with a lot of the use cases of a scripting language.