On 2014-01-10 01:02, Sean Kelly wrote:

Because of this clause from the Boost license page:

"The conceptual interface to a library isn't covered. The
particular representation expressed in the header is covered, as
is the documentation, examples, test programs, and all the other
material that goes with the library. A different implementation
is free to use the same logical interface, however. Interface
issues have been fought out in court several times; ask a lawyer
for details."

I suspect that an automatic translation might be subject to the
"representation" issue, while a manual rewrite should not.

I see, that sucks :(. I guess this is a fine line since you very well could en up with the same result of a manual and automatic translation.

--
/Jacob Carlborg