On 1/10/14 12:49 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 2014-01-10 09:29, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:

That's a documentation issue. We've pursued generalization of string
algorithms with good result. As such indexOf is susceptible for
generalization. However, the justification functions are unlikely to be
useful for other data types because most don't have a notion of "filler"
object.

They might not have a default "filler" object but you can pass the
"filler" as an argument.

By that I was implying that the whole notion is not sensible for general types. Honest, I did consider generalizing everything in std.string, but the algorithms left in there made little sense for other types than strings.