Manu:

So, the last few days, 2 things have been coming up constantly.

foreach is like, the best thing about D. But I often get caught by 2 little details that result in my having to create a bunch more visual noise.

I am against the suggested changes, because they are too much not-orthogonal.

One of the few things that I'd like to change in foreach is support for anonymous loops: foreach(;0..10)

I'd like an enumerate() in Phobos.

I think the current tuple unpacking in foreach is a very limited and partially broken feature that should be deprecated as soon as possible (and later replaced with something better and more general).

I think the ! for algorithms and ranges add noise, sometimes I forget them, and I'd like to not need them, but I think they are not going away. So what I'd like are more specific and more clean error messages when I forget them.

As D programs use more and more algorithm UFCS chains, D compilers will need to optimize that kind of code better, adding specific high-level and mid-level optimizations (rewrite rules, deforestations, etc).

Bye,
bearophile