On 1/14/14 11:14 AM, Johannes Pfau wrote:

I actually used that VM image some time ago. My main problem was that
qemu crashed often, but that could have been my fault.
Compiling on QEMU is quite slow IIRC, but Brad would have to decide if
an emulator solution or a real board is better for the auto tester.

Do you have any experience with the cubieboard (1)? I think SATA would
be quite nice cause SD-cards are a real bottleneck when compiling. But
I never used one of those boards so I don't know how well they're
working...

It'd actually be whoever donates the equipment to run the auto-tester on. I don't care if I'm logging into a virtual or physical box, as long as it supports ssh and the other requirements of the test system.

I've used both in the past. On modern arm, I suspect it'd be significantly faster than even a very fast x86 box emulating an arm system, but I'm not picky.