On Tuesday, 4 February 2014 at 16:18:24 UTC, Steve Teale wrote:
Popped into my head today.

What proportion of the D community develops on Linux of some sort, and what proportion works with a 64 bit OS?

And why?

Linux x64

why? Linux fits me well, for all the usual reasons.

The philosophy of a small set of specialized tools that do their jobs very well and interface sensibly however I want them to appeals to me, much more so than having a leviathan that pretends to know what I want. Having said that, I don't want to be stuck without the occasional convenience. Hence: linux.