On Tuesday, 4 February 2014 at 18:19:56 UTC, Matthias Einwag wrote:
In my opinion the new model is even harder. ... <skip>

I also find exact implementation considerably over-engineered but I would never propose to just copy stuff to Rust as-is. What I do propose to is to acknowledge general principle - build base language upon allocation-ignorant primitives that provide ownership semantics and move all advanced memory management to the library. I sincerely believe that `std .allocator` alone as presented by Andrei will give D a huge edge when exploring similar approach.