On Thursday, 26 December 2013 at 22:01:40 UTC, Manu wrote:

In my experience with vibe.d, it's a massive pain in the arse that it's compiled. It seems to me that web dev involves squillions of micro-changes and tweaks, and it's bloody annoying to compile and reboot the server every
time.

Changes aren't very frequent in my experience. Even when I'm working on new code I'm not restarting my dev server very often. That said, having a means of zero downtime upgrades is crucial, and plugins are a handy way to do that.