On Thursday, 13 February 2014 at 17:12:47 UTC, Sean Kelly wrote:
For learning to program, I almost feel like getting a sandbox set up on the web would be better. The MIT project Scratch, for example, is fantastic for teaching programming. Unless you're talking about teaching in locations without internet connectivity, which is an entirely different problem.

That is what I was thinking, I feel like a little while ago someone posted a link to an online D compiler and IDE (maybe it was in cloud9), but I can't find it now and I remember it not being complete(maybe it only had highlighting and no compile or something like that... don't really remember).