On Thursday, 13 February 2014 at 20:34:50 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
On Thursday, 13 February 2014 at 20:12:36 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:
distributing binary libraries for barebone? that sounds unusual.

Why so?

untypical hardware + desire to get most of it makes hard to provide binary distributions that can be simply linked to. Only platform SDK's come to my mind but those don't need to support all possible options - instead they define only "right" ones to use. Well, at least that was small observation of C barebone world I have managed to tackle.

SDKs and BSPs are the norm in my industry, but some libraries are out there (http://www.segger.com/pricing.html)... and they are expensive. But I think they are usually source releases.