On Friday, 14 February 2014 at 11:40:19 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:

I'll have to lift a small restriction in GDC though that causes the compiler to ICE on anything other than 32bit or 64bit systems first
though.

If anyone is genuinely wanting to give it a whirl, let me know.

I was wondering if this was feasible. There's an avr-gcc for Atmel's 8-bit AVR microctonrollers. Is that part of the mainline GCC backend? I was wondering whether GDC could program one of the 8-bit Aurdinos (Atmel AVR based). It could be a big hit given the Arduino's popularity.

Mike