On Friday, 14 February 2014 at 18:39:55 UTC, Brad Roberts wrote:
On 2/14/14, 2:51 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
On 2/14/2014 12:16 AM, Don wrote:
I agree with you in this case.

D1 is in heavy commercial use at Sociomantic, and we are still submitting patches to DMD, and we frequently search bugzilla for open D1 bugs.
But AFAIK
*nobody* is using D1 Phobos.
The only remaining role of D1 Phobos, AFAIK, is to allow the D1 test
suite to run.

I think that we should close all D1 Phobos bugs as WONTFIX.
Realistically they
are never going to be fixed, and I don't think anybody cares.
(Or, if the bug also applied to D2, but is already fixed in D2, I
think it would
be perfectly valid to mark it as FIXED).

In that case, I'm on board with that.

(In case it isn't obvious, Don represents Sociomantic here.)

As long as the closure process isn't a blind one. Chances are reasonably high that MOST open D1 bugs also apply to D2. The closure process must be an examination of the bug, not a mass update to close them.

We definitely need to check, but note that we are ONLY talking
about Phobos bugs. Not DMD bugs.

I don't think there are many D1 Phobos bugs which also apply to
D2 Phobos.
I have at times gone through all of the D1 compiler bugs, and
marked them as D1&D2 where possible. The ones that never applied
to D2 have "D1 only" in the title. I only found 38 of them.

I have never looked at the Phobos1 bugs, most of those should
just be closed.