On Monday, 17 February 2014 at 07:48:51 UTC, w0rp wrote:
On Monday, 17 February 2014 at 01:16:44 UTC, Xavier Bigand wrote:
Le 17/02/2014 01:36, w0rp a écrit :
On Saturday, 15 February 2014 at 03:36:29 UTC, michaelc37 wrote:

Writing a native D GUI library instead of wrapping a C++ one is a good idea. My big problem with the wrapper around Qt I'm building is that it will never run as efficiently as a Qt application written in C++ would, so that might turn some people away. The main advantage of writing the wrapper is pretty much that it's just less work, as creating a cross platform toolkit with an API as nice as Qt's takes a lot of time and effort.

I agree with this but, still, a wrapper around Qt 5 (not 4!) would be a huge thing, especially if one wants to write Android Qt-based applications.