On Monday, 17 February 2014 at 00:27:44 UTC, Namespace wrote:
On Monday, 17 February 2014 at 00:22:52 UTC, Casper Færgemand wrote:
What about new evolved switch statement, called something as to not confuse it with C syntax? It could be a simple rewrite thing.

mysteryswitch (some expression) {
 case 1: some statement;
 case 2 .. 4: some other statement;
}

could rewrite to

switch (some expression) {
 case 1: some statement; break;
 case 2: .. case 4: some other statement; break;
 default: break;
}

I like 'match' as Rust has:
----
match (some expression) {
    case 1: some statement;
    case 2 .. 4: some other statement;
}
----

+1, I linked this "match". How a name does the difference. I suggest to implement this one instead of. I think that it's very nice because don't make nobody confusing anymore or break D philosofy. some-statement should have an implicit 'break' generated by the compiler just like Pascal cases have (and rust I guess)