Hi everyone.

I'm attend the SKA conference in Auckland next week and I would like to discuss a opportunity for the D community.

I am based in Wellington, New Zealand. In Auckland, NZ, from Tuesday to Friday next week there will be two seminars held.

The first 2 days (Tuesday and Wednesday) are for the multicore conference. Details are http://www.multicoreworld.com/

Here is the schedule for 2 days (thursday & friday) of the SKA conference:

http://openparallel.com/multicore-world-2014/computing-for-ska/schedule-computing-for-ska-2014/

John Gustafson Will be presenting a Keynote on Thursday 27th February at 11:00 am

The abstract is here: http://openparallel.com/multicore-world-2014/speakers/john-gustafson/

There is also a excellent background paper, (PDF - 64 pages) which can be found here:

http://sites.ieee.org/scv-cs/files/2013/03/Right-SizingPrecision1.pdf

The math details are beyond me, but I understand his basic idea.

I would like to bring your attention to Page 34 and his comments re "standard committees" and page 62 and his comments "Coded in Mathematica for now. Need a fast native version.."

I am sure you can see where I am going with this ....

1. Would it be possible to implement the "unum" representation in D and therefore make it a contender for the SKA ?

2.  Is there any interest in this format within the D community

Destroy.

Nick