On Thursday, 20 February 2014 at 16:30:42 UTC, Justin Whear wrote:

Tuple unpacking already works in foreach. This code has compiled since
at least 2.063.2:

import std.stdio;
import std.range;
void main(string[] args)
{
    auto tuples = ["a", "b", "c"].zip(iota(0, 3));

    // unpack the string into `s`, the integer into `i`
    foreach (s, i; tuples)
        writeln(s, ", ", i);
}

I did not know that. When did that happen? It didn't appear in
any changelogs and it works when I tried it in 2.064 on my
machine too. I suppose the next step after that would be to
support nested unpacking, but that would require a change in
syntax so it would be much more complicated.