On Tuesday, 25 February 2014 at 11:13:44 UTC, Shammah Chancellor wrote:
On 2014-02-25 05:38:15 +0000, Jesse Phillips said:

When I've had a need for base classes to call super class functions, I certainly wanted a way to enforce it. I just don't know if it would just lead to other OOP design problems.

Sounds like a good reason to use unittests to me. The compiler can't possibly deal with all the different ways you might want to enforce an OOP pattern in a particular program. Introducing more keywords does not seem like a fix.

-S.

As unit tests are optional, they are in no way an enforcement. And for library writers(which is who this idea is mainly for I think), writing unit tests to try and test user written code seems a little unreasonable, especially as they don't have access to the code :/