On Friday, 28 February 2014 at 08:07:12 UTC, John Colvin wrote:
On Friday, 28 February 2014 at 04:31:01 UTC, Steve Teale wrote:
I was in a discussion here recently about 64 bit and how much memory people had in their machines these days.

A somewhat unrelated topic is that Microsoft are in the process of dumping XP.

Perhaps of interest:
http://www.reactos.org/
http://zorin-os.com/

Mmm, interesting, but I don't think either of them are the right thing.

I used the term XP lookalike by accident. I should have said XP clone or replicate or something.

The Linux kernel must be powerful enough these days to support complete replication of XP functionality

Steve