On Saturday, 8 March 2014 at 13:25:32 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
Recently Vladimir Panteleev has ported the DMD Source Guide from the old wiki to the new one[1], and updated it with up-to-date information. I've added a "DMD Hacking Tips & Tricks" section[2], which should help people new to the codebase to start hacking on DMD-FE. I've only added a few tips that I know of.

If you regularly hack on DMD and know some good tips for new DMD developers, please either post those tips in this thread and we'll add them to the wiki, or you can directly add them to the wiki. Everybody benefits from sharing knowledge about compiler internals. For example, GCC has pretty extensive documentation about its internals[3].

[1] : http://wiki.dlang.org/DMD_Source_Guide
[2] : http://wiki.dlang.org/DMD_Source_Guide#DMD_Hacking_Tips_.26_Tricks
[3] : http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/

Just for clarification, the parsing method which dmd use is a recursive descent parser, right?