Bill Baxter wrote:
On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 2:35 PM, Andrei
Alexandrescu<seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> wrote:
Bill Baxter wrote:
On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 1:49 PM, Andrei
Alexandrescu<seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> wrote:
I think the expectation is more that you would address or respond to
his argument rather than making your own argument again.

Or say something like this:
The fundamental difference in our viewpoints is that you believe that
expressing extra semantic information to people who read the code is
more valuable that saving some typing.  I believe the opposite.

(feel free to rewrite as you wish)  Then it is clear that you have
understood his argument and have some idea how and where the
difference in opinion really comes from.   Simply repeating your
argument makes it look as though you have not read his.
Well we both repeated our arguments several times :o). And don't forget: I
don't get to decide. So such a discussion between Steve and me could as well
be a discussion between any two participants.

That's not quite true.  You do talk to Walter more than Steve does.
And I think everyone can guess that if you don't get convinced there's
no way Walter will be.  Convincing you isn't sufficient, but it is
necessary.

Oh yeah? How about "lazy"?