Daniel Murphy:

This is nonsense. I tried out the warning on some of my projects, and they required ZERO changes - because it's a warning!

Phobos requires 37 "virtual:"s to be added - or just change the makefile to use '-wi' instead of '-w'. Druntime needed 25.

Andrei has decided to not introduce "final by default" because he thinks it's a too much large breaking change. So your real world data is an essential piece of information to perform an informed decision on this topic (so much essential that I think deciding before having such data is void decision). So are you willing to perform your analysis on some other real D code? Perhaps dub?

Bye,
bearophile