On Monday, 17 March 2014 at 10:31:54 UTC, Namespace wrote:
On Monday, 17 March 2014 at 09:18:43 UTC, Andrej Mitrovic wrote:
On 3/17/14, Walter Bright <newshou...@digitalmars.com> wrote:
I'd hoped I'd never have to post this. There have been some locker room
jokes
that continued even after I asked it be stopped.

Where? Any specific threads?

I think he means the "dlang.sexy" thread.

The thread itself was quite appropriate as it was a genuine opportunity for D. However a few people made a couple adult related jokes here. I just personally think that while we shouldn't ban certain subjects out right, we just need to be careful of how we approach it. I.e. don't joke about it, if it needs to be commented upon do so.

At the end of the day we are here to program. Not to tell jokes that high schoolers would laugh at.

Perhaps we need to create a community standard guidelines related to this? That way if another thread or messages that are over the top we just link them to it. After all, lets learn and evolve from mistakes. Its what we are good at!