On Monday, 17 March 2014 at 18:18:34 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
On Monday, 17 March 2014 at 18:09:29 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 3/17/2014 3:45 AM, sclytrack wrote:
   Seems like Walter wants it seriously
   professional. No joking around about D.

Jokes are fine. I post plenty myself. Jokes are fine in a professional work environment. Inappropriate jokes are not. This shouldn't be a mystery.

Appropriateness of a joke is purely defined by a culture and is completely subjective. It is perfectly fine to define your own rules on your forum. Trying to appeal to some common morale as a basis for that is not.

+1

As I mentioned in my post below, almost anything is offensive to someone, somewhere. You won't find a unified view of "Inappropriate" even among a very homogenous group of people, let alone an ad hoc group of collaborators and users spanning the entire globe, an age range of 60+ years and a wide variety of religious/cultural/political views and environments.