On Friday, 21 March 2014 at 13:27:04 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
On Friday, 21 March 2014 at 13:24:50 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
On Friday, 21 March 2014 at 12:55:09 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
What's the purpose of "tee", is it the same as "tap"? "tap" in Ruby just returns the receiver after executing a block. This would be the implementation in D:

Yeah "tee" is a horrible name, no chance I would have guess what it means just by the name. "tap" is much better.

I think it's meant to mimic the UNIX command with the same name? If you know about the command, the function's purpose seems obvious.

...and has pretty much nothing in common with it! Also I don't see "requires UNIX familiarity to be used intuitively" warning in Phobos docs. Actually for similar reasons "tap" is also inferior to "each".