On Wednesday, 26 March 2014 at 04:05:10 UTC, Philippe Sigaud
wrote:
No, I think I mentioned that string mixins can't get the context they are inserted in. Why would I simply wrap a string mixin around a template mixin if there wasn't some purpose that string mixins couldn't use in the first
place?

OK. I just preferred to ask, to be sure.

Hence you can't do both. Use string mixins and you got to supply the argument. Use template mixins and you can't overload properly(which makes it useless in my case). If one could evaluate the string mixin after the template mixin then it would all work. (and yes, it is the solution I want unless you can actually come up with something that solves the problem directly(both overloads properly and allows one to get the context)

One can't do something like

template B(T = typeof(this))
{

}

Did you try using a this template parameter?

doesn't work. You can't use this in string mixins. There is no
context.