On Fri, 28 Mar 2014 20:14:39 -0400, Andrei Alexandrescu <seewebsiteforem...@erdani.org> wrote:

On 3/28/14, 3:42 AM, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
On Thu, 27 Mar 2014 20:25:56 -0400, Walter Bright
<newshou...@digitalmars.com> wrote:

Adding range primitives on top of a stream does not make sense.

Are ready to implement a parallel universe of stream based algorithms
to go alongside all the range based ones and be ready to constantly
justify that to everyone?

Not necessary. You just need to implement one range on top of a buffered
stream, and then it works with all other algorithms that accept input
ranges.

I'm also curious what a generic read() should do when the stream is
empty.

Returns 0 elements read.

It increasingly seems to me we need to do this. -- Andrei

It is in the works. I need to finish it. I've been incorporating Dmitry's I/O buffer into my design.

-Steve