On Saturday, 5 April 2014 at 15:24:32 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
This is very practical thing. By introducing special constructs to support some foreign language you open the can of worms. Where does one stop? Should we also expect adding some new idioms for better JNI support? Or Python? I can't see any reason why C++ has to be any special and you can't nicely support them all. We don't even truly do this for C and this the only real ABI standard.

Another way to put this is that D is its own language, not a C++ extension. IMO, an FFI should make interoperability possible via ABI matching, but it should not compromise the language (by making its scoping rules more complicated, introducing redundant constructs, or introducing a new token ("::") that could be used for another feature).