On Friday, 18 April 2014 at 16:40:32 UTC, Aleksandar Ruzicic wrote:
On Friday, 18 April 2014 at 16:10:03 UTC, Wyatt wrote:
On Friday, 18 April 2014 at 14:04:04 UTC, Aleksandar Ruzicic wrote:

So, what do you guys think?

I _strongly_ suggest any proposed redesign retain the left-justification seen in the current design. It improves readability and gives opportunities for better information density.

I know centred, fixed-width designs are in vogue, but for a documentation project, I would that the gutters instead be turned to more useful purposes. Like documentation.

-Wyatt

I must respectfully disagree about retaining left justification.
I have 27'' monitor with resolution of 2560x1440 and left-aligned websites are really hard to read!

There is a reason why most editors have "zen mode" which centers your code on a screen. It's easier to read when it's centered and not too wide.

Current design has no limitation on line width which (at my resolution) results in ~300 characters wide lines, and it's really unreadable.

I would go for a maximum of 120 characters wide lines with content centered on larger monitors.

-- Aleksandar

Or just a little switch in a corner somewhere to change the justification, with a cookie.