On Monday, 7 April 2014 at 02:34:59 UTC, Kapps wrote:
These results are a bit disappointing. Ideally you'd see a massive bias
towards new users, but we see the opposite :(
Perhaps this poll isn't public enough? On reddit and stuff?

I don't imagine many new users read these forums frequently, and this is the only place it's been posted AFAIK.

Brand new user, wrote my first D program today. It preformed the same task as a python program I had laying around. I wanted to see if a compiled language could as terse the python syntax I've grown accustomed to. Well, I'm happy to say the D program was one line shorter! Not bad.

I've programmed python for over 10 years and was considering diving into Java since the C standard library is so tiny and it has no standard cross-platform GUI toolkit. I'd say D is looking pretty good, now if it just hand a standard GUI library...

(Side note: I entered a fake email address, is that a no-no one this list?)