On 04/26/2014 09:27 PM, Daniel Murphy wrote:

We already have a feature to manage conflicts and organisation in D code -
modules!

Named mixin templates are a much closer fit.

There is no need to add namespaces to do that, and if that's really what you
want
it belongs in a completely different discussion.

Why? Every name resolution rule added is already in D.

The thing we can't (easily) do is mangle C++ namespaces, so a feature
that only affects mangling is perfect.

i.e. We don't need namespaces in D, because modules cover that.

We only need namespace mangling.

Which is all the DIP adds. I do not really understand the objections.