On Wednesday, 30 April 2014 at 15:43:35 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
This brings up the issue of naming unittests. It's becoming increasingly obvious that anonymous unittests don't quite scale

A message structured like this would be awesome.

Unittest Failed foo.d:345 Providing null input throws exception

Last but not least, virtually nobody I know runs unittests and then main. This is quickly becoming an idiom:

version(unittest) void main() {}
else void main()
{

I think it's time to change that. We could do it the non-backward-compatible way by redefining -unittest to instruct the compiler to not run main. Or we could define another flag such as -unittest-only and then deprecate the existing one.

I would like to see -unittest redefined.