On Thursday, 1 May 2014 at 04:50:30 UTC, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d wrote:
std.file's unit tests would break immediately. It wouldn't surprise me if std.socket's unit tests broke. std.datetime's unit tests would probably break on Posix systems, because some of them temporarily set the local time zone - which sets it for the whole program, not just the current thread (those tests aren't done on Windows, because Windows only lets you set it for the whole OS, not just the program). Any tests which aren't pure risk breakage due to changes in whatever global, mutable
state they're accessing.

We really should think about separating Phobos tests into unit tests and higher level ones (in separate top-level source folder).

The fact that importing std.file in my code with `rdmd -unittest` may trigger file I/O makes me _extremely_ disgusted. How did we even get here? >_<