Michiel Helvensteijn wrote:
KennyTM~ wrote:

auto data = std.file.readText(filename).chomp.split;
I love that too. Unfortunately, the way the water is moving, it looks
like we'll lose some or all of that.
That's not really true. Some of those no-parameter functions are just
meant to be read-only properties instead of functions.

auto data = std.file.textFrom(filename).chomped.split;
So to allow omission of the parenthesis of these "read-only properties"
we do

No, it's not "allowing omission", it's "forcing omission". That's what
properties are.

Ok. So to allow forced removal of parenthesis etc etc.

@property string chomped (string x) { ... }

? I don't think Walter's syntax is capable of introducing "properties"
to these free methods, but the property attribute can.

I still think an identifier is either property or function, but not both.

And judging by the way the wind is blowing, attributes/annotations will not
be used for properties.

Too bad. Attributes is much cleaner than the equal sign hack.

(However, this may make

chomped = "abcd"

valid, which is not what we want.)

No, it wouldn't, since it'd be a read-only property. That means you can only
read, not write.

Unless global properties are disabled. (It should.)